In the sublimation printing method, the pattern transferred to the surface of the product is mainly printed on a digital printing machine and after this printing process, the pattern is heat pressed and transferred to the fabric.
The sublimation printing is highly favored by the textile industry in particular, mainly because of the vivid and clear image of the pattern transferred to the product and its long service life. The sublimation printing prevents the possibility of breakage, cracking and deterioration of the pattern printed on the surface of the product. To gain maximum efficiency from this type of printing, several elements need to be taken into account to meet the conditions for the production of sublimation paper.
The following elements need to be taken into account before sublimation printing
• The brand of digital printer used and the type and number of printheads used by the machine.
• The profile settings are applied to the machine.
• The environment in which the machine is to be used (a machine exposed to excessive heat and dust is unlikely to achieve maximum efficiency, in addition to unsuitable flooring and air conditioning conditions which are critical to maximum efficiency).
• The ink used in the printer (in this case, the density of the ink, its storage conditions and its suitability for the machine are very important).
• The heat applied during pressing, the pressure ratio and the pressing speed.
• The percentage of polyester in the fabric to which the pattern is transferred (the percentage of polyester should be at least 60%).
• Current storage conditions of the paper.
Storage conditions for sublimation paper
Another key point in gaining efficiency from the sublimation printing method is the storage conditions of the sublimation paper. We can summarize the key points below:
• Temperature and humidity environment: Sublimation paper can be damaged by factors such as temperature changes, so it should be stored in its original packaging for a normal period. The ideal indoor storage environment is 10-30℃/50-86℉ with a relative humidity of 45-55%.
• Storage space: Sublimation transfer paper should be kept in a cool, dry room out of direct sunlight and away from pressure or heavy objects. Stack packing cartons horizontally on pallets to avoid moisture. Stacked like a pyramid shape, or stacked separately according to the width size, the number of stacked layers should not exceed the limit labeled on the outside of the carton, generally no more than 8 layers.
• Packaging integrity: Bags or boxes should be kept intact to avoid dust and dirt entry. Packaging cartons perforated, punctured transfer paper, etc. may affect inkjet printing.
• Shelf life: The warranty period of the sublimation transfer paper is usually 6-12 months. When we use transfer paper, we should try our best to give priority to using the one with the earlier production date.
Proper Use of Sublimation Paper
• Make sure both the printer and the printing paper are in a dry environment to avoid moisture.
• Before use, check the sublimation paper for damage or wrinkles, and replace it with a new one if it is damaged.
• Make sure that the printer has warmed up to the proper temperature before inserting the transfer paper.
• Adjust the printer settings to suit the sublimation paper according to the printer's instruction manual.
• Sublimation paper can be removed from the package 24 hours before printing to acclimatize it to environmental conditions.
About Hanrun Paper
Hanrun Paper is a one-stop Environmental Digital printing Technology Brand. We insist on creating each product with ingenuity and are determined to lead the development of the global digital printing industry with all partners.
Hanrun Paper’s products cover sublimation printing, DTF, heat transfer, and other industrial chains, and have a strong professional service team to provide full-round technical after-sales support. Each product line at the Hanrun Paper factory continues a high-level standard operation, ensuring that each order is perfectly delivered to the customers.
For more information about Hanrun Paper, please visit www.hanrunpaper.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram to be the first to get the latest news.